Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March Madness- "Feel the heat"

Tournament time is here for college hoops and the field of 65 will be determined after tonight's play in game between Alabama State vs. Morehead State. The brackets are set and everyone is eagerly awaiting the games on this upcoming Thursday.

In my opinion, there is not a clear cut NCAA champion this year. Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Louisville and North Carolina are all legitimate number one seeds but there are other good basketball teams that could push through to make a run for the championship as well. Memphis, Oklahoma, Duke, Kansas, Villanova are a few that will be in the hunt. The dark horses like VCU, Western Kentucky, Mississippi State, Xavier will all compete hard to push through their respective brackets as well to upset some higher seeds as well.

I am in a bit of a quandary as I select my picks for my NCAA pool. If I follow my heart, Chattanooga (my Alma mater) beats UConn to go on to the National Championship! You never know what may happen during March Madness!

Good luck on your pools and I hope your teams win!

Yours in Basketball,

Coach Stewart