Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It was announced today that Chicago Public School CEO Arne Duncan was officially appointed the position as Secretary of Education of the United States. He has been a model public servant for the Chicago Public School system and will do a great job serving the nation.

Arne and I have played basketball together for the past 12 years. He and I have competed together in many men's league tournaments in Chicago. He has become a good friend over the years. We also play pickup basketball together at the Labratory High School where I played with President-elect Barack Obama last week.

Barack has not only appointed a great person for the job but a very good basketball player. Arne played collegiate basketball at Harvard University and then played professionally in Australia for 5 years. Arne is the true definition of a "gym rat." He may be one of the best shooters I have ever played with and he can pass with the best as well. Arne will hit you in the face if you cut to the basket and your hands are not up to catch! He is as fundamentally sound as a basketball player can be. Arne also is 6"5!

I am going to miss Arne but I am happy for him and his family. I look forward to playing with he and Barack at Camp David!